Chicago entrepreneur and businessman Tim Stojka founded Agentis in 2009 with President John Lux. The company provides electric utilities with a software platform for their C&I business customers. Combining data analytics, interactive software and multiple engagement methods, utilities can now drive customer satisfaction and efficiency to this underserved market segment. They can build relationships and become their customers’ Energy Ally.
Agentis is driven by the belief that utilities hold valuable Big Data that can be the catalyst for a new energy era and that businesses want to be empowered to take charge of their energy use. Agentians are united through the ability to contribute meaningful work—making a dent in the universe — while working in a fun and dynamic environment. The result is the creation of breakthrough technology that is changing the way utilities and their business customers access and utilize Big Data — The Agentis Platform powered by Agentis.
You are enthralled by data and have a unique ability to recognize patterns, derive meaningful insights, and present your findings in a visually appealing and easy to understand format. We're looking for a Data Analyst to be part of our growing core team in our Chicago office to work hard, create solutions, and help us fundamentally change the way people think about and use energy.
As a Data Analyst at Agentis, you will work directly with our Director of Data Science and the Agentis development team to perform detailed analysis and reporting on complex data sets. The Data Analyst will be responsible for turning requests from internal and external clients into well-crafted and well-designed reports and analysis. Requests can be both ad hoc and regularly scheduled, and the Data Analyst will work to automate our reporting functionality as much as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or other related quantitative field
- Proven experience writing complex SQL scripts and queries
- Experience writing code in Python or R (Python preferred)
- Strong experience with the Python ecosystem (Pandas, Scikit-learn, Statsmodels, SciPy, NumPy, Jupyter Notebooks, IPython) is a plus
- Any familiarity with Cassandra NoSQL databases is a plus
- The ability to integrate and analyze data from multiple large and complex data sets and formats (flat files, databases, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- The ability to research solutions to new problems and rapidly learn new methods
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
To apply email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agentis offers a competitive salary, benefits and bonus structure based on experience and performance. We value teamwork, innovation and productivity and foster an exciting and committed work environment that will help you become successful and grow in your career.
EEO Employer. No recruiters or phone calls, please. Agentis does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Agentis’ property, and Agentis will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.